BANDAGE AFTERCARE: 5 DAYS
If the bandage rolls up, exposing the tattoo, it might lead to an infection and/or loss of ink. If you notice the bandage losing grip, contact your tattoo artist or the studio immediately.
If you notice any allergic reaction, such as redness, bumping, soreness, extreme itchiness, contact your tattoo artist or the studio immediately.
First 5 Days
1. Even though the tattoo is covered with a protective bandage, you still need to be careful. Let it rest, and avoid any hard-physical activities that make your blood running. Up to 10 minutes showers are okay!
2. You may notice some blood/liquid/plasma accumulation under the bandage — it’s okay!
On Day 5
1. Wash hands with soap, carefully remove the bandage under the running water.
2. Gently wash tattoo with clean hands & soap.
3. Pat dry the tattoo with paper towels — DO NOT WIPE. Do not reuse them.
4. Gently tap the tattoo with a moisturizing cream in 3-4 areas, slowly work out every area to achieve a thin layer of the cream across the tattooed area, covering surrounding skin as well. A thin layer is good enough, DO NOT OVERDO IT.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two times a day for 30 days.
6. After 4-6 weeks, once the tattoo is fully healed, it is recommended to moisturize it at least once a week throughout the year.
Week 1 (Day 1-6)
You will experience swelling, redness, and some oozing that gradually gets better after a few days. You will also start to see some light scabbing.
Week 2 (Day 7-14)
The tattoo will start to itch and flake, and this will continue until all layers of dead skin and scabs have fallen off.
Week 3 (Day 15-30)
The tattoo will look fully healed but may look slightly cloudy or light for a few weeks. Deeper layers of skin are still repairing, continue to take care of the tattoo.
Past Weeks 4-6
It is recommended to moisturize the tattoo at least once a week, and use 50+ SPF sunscreen to protect the tattoo when it’s exposed to the direct sunlight.
DOs & DON'Ts
DO CONTACT YOUR TATTOO ARTIST WITH ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS.
DO wear loose clothing around the tattoo. Make sure you do not irritate or scratch the tattoo. Be gentle.
DO stay hydrated. Your skin requires you to be hydrated in order to heal faster.
DO NOT SHARE/TAKE OINTMENTS OR CREAMS WITH/FROM ANYONE TO HEAL THE TATTOO.
DO NOT RUB, PICK or SCRATCH the tattoo. Loss of color or infection could occur.
DO NOT let anyone touch the tattoo.
DO NOT let household pets come in contact with your new tattoo – no licking, sniffing, scratching, or fur.
DO NOT ask your friends if you have any concerns or questions. Ask your tattoo artist!
DO NOT put an alternative bandage on a tattoo.
DO NOT share your used towels with anyone.
DO NOT use too much moisturizing cream. Overuse can oversaturate the tattoo and cause excess scabbing or cause scabs to come off prematurely. It is NOT “the more, the better” mentality.
DO NOT expose to direct sunlight for 30 days.
DO NOT submerge the tattoo in water. No bathtubs, no pool, no sea, no ocean, no jacuzzi FOR 4 WEEKS. Short showers are fine!
DO NOT do active sports (i.e., football).
DO NOT drink alcohol for at least 24 hours after your appointment.
DO NOT wear any jewelry, watches, sport bands, etc. over the tattooed area. NO harsh fabrics, zippers, buttons as well.