FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
Working at a tattoo studio — means being responsible for yourself and everyone around you. As a professional tattoo studio, besides Bloodborne Pathogens Certification, Flame Wise Ink provides its staff members with a First Aid & CPR/AED level C course offered by Worksite Safety. By having theory and applying it to practice, some Flame Wise Ink staff members are able to handle critical situations on the spot to help an individual in need.
In order to become certified, learners must complete the two-day in-class course, achieve a minimum of 75% on the final test, and participate in 100% of the course’s theory and hands-on lessons.
Once training is completed, learners will have the knowledge and skills needed to provide medical care in emergency situations, provide CPR to adults, children, and infants, and be able to identify when and how to use an AED.
Upon successfully finishing the Red Cross Standard First Aid / CPR C certification training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history and purpose of the Red Cross.
- Know how to be prepared for emergency situations.
- Understand the EMS Systems.
- Be able to properly use the CCC Method. (Check, Call, Care)
- Identify and apply first aid to Airway, Breathing, and Circulation Emergencies.
- Identify and apply first aid to Cardiac Arrest emergencies.
- Identify and apply first aid to Head, Neck, and Spinal Injuries.
- Identify and apply first aid to Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries.
- Provide emergency Wound Care.
- Know the proper procedures for sudden medical emergencies.
- Know how to provide care and stay safe during Environmental Illnesses.
- Understand the procedures in case of contact with, or the ingestion of, poison.